Monday, 13 March 2017

Beauty And The Beast Premiere


DRESS: Sass & Bide  |  SHOES: Mimco  |  EARRINGS: Mimco (similar HERE and HERE)

I was BEYOND excited for the premiere of Beauty and the Beast, given that the original is my favourite Disney film. It was therefore always going to be difficult for the new version to live up to my impossibly high expectations. While I did love the film, there were certain things that bugged me. For example, Gaston's iconic chair was nowhere to be seen! Disney is well aware of the chair's importance (here is a photo of me delightedly sitting upon it at Walt Disney World in Florida), so I'm not sure why it was omitted, but every director has their vision. I of course still highly recommend seeing Beauty and the Beast, and am excitedly awaiting the swathe of live action Disney movies in pre-production, now that it's become clear that the whole "dark and gritty" angle wasn't really what audiences wanted in a beloved fairtytale film. Bring on the aesthetically-pleasing romantic fantasies ft. pretty dresses, stat!

April xx

2 comments:

  1. your dress is so cute. I'm yet to see the movie though. Your review makes me want to watch it right now.

    Wendee//theglossychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice dress, see more here:
    http://www.fashiontrends.pk/dresses/

    ReplyDelete